In principle the PDFs we support have the following limitations:
1. They should be smaller than 20MB in size
While some signing methods such as Swedish BankID don't have a size limit, some of the other signing methods do, which is why we recommend that you don't upload PDFs larger than 10MB.
Even so, the Verified platform allows you to upload files up to 20MB but bare in mind that you might run into a situation where the PDFs could not be signed if they are too large.
2. They should not be password protected or contain forms
The PDFs that should be signed through the Verified platform should be print ready, and not include any passwords or forms.
A simple way to ensure that the PDF is print ready is to open it in your default app, go to Print (usually Ctrl + P or Cmd + P) and see if you have the option to Print to PDF. For example:
- In Adobe Reader you should have "Adobe PDF" as one of the printers you can choose from
- In Microsoft Edge you should have "Save as PDF" and "Microsoft Print to PDF" as one of the printers you can choose from
- In Safari you should have a PDF button at the bottom of the Print window
- On Chrome you should have "Save as PDF" as one of the possible printers