Making document signing a straightforward process for our busy users is at the core of the Verified Platform. Today we are going farther and making it even easier, with the introduction of our new feature, the Checkout Wizard
It was designed to guide users throughout the entire signing process, one step at a time, making sure they are always aware of where they are, what they are doing and what their next step should be.
Here's what makes the Checkout Wizard stand out:
- A clear overview, so that recipients are informed about what they’ve been invited to do
- An intuitive signing experience that nudges users towards completing their actions
- Users are redirected back to your site after they have completed their actions, for a seamless brand experience
- A more helpful experience to reduce frustration and confusion
- A clean and modern interface that puts the focus on your documents
1. A clear overview
It's crucial for recipients of your documents to be well informed about what they’ve been invited to do. That's why the top left corner includes the greeting area, where the recipient is notified about who sent the documents and what they need to do to move the process along.
Next up we have the invitation message from the sender and a progress bar letting the user know how many documents require their action. Those documents are further detailed below, in the documents overview, with a clear status on each of them, and an expiration date (if it has been set).
Recipients can also get an overview of the entire envelope signing process by opening the "Envelope details" area. This shows which recipients completed their actions, and which ones still need to do so.
2. An intuitive signing experience
We designed the new Checkout as a guided wizard experience, to reduce user dropout in the signing process:
- The initial document is focused, guiding the user towards the first step they need to take. Unlike the old signing process where the PDF viewer only showed one page at a time, the new solution displays all the pages, ensuring people are fully aware of the document's contents
- If there are any attachments, they will show up at the top, ensuring they are seen before signing
- In the top right area, above the document, are the main actions (sign/approve or decline)
- After the user has signed, a visual animation confirms that their action is complete. The progress bar fills up, a timestamp of the signing process is added to the document and the "Next document" button appears, guiding the user towards their next step
- The process repeats itself until the user has completed all of their actions on the document, at which point the "Next button" changes to "Continue", guiding the user gracefully out of the Checkout Wizard (more on that below)
3. Guiding the users back to your site
Providing a way for you to keep your customers engaged is very important, that's why the last step of the Checkout is a one way street towards your landing page.
After the customer has completed all the documents in the envelope, the Continue button will take them to a screen providing some quick information on what will happen next, while an automated timer will redirect them to your landing page. Just make sure that you have that option set up under Company Settings.
4. A more helpful experience
Users should not get stuck during the signing process, that's why we've added various methods to help them:
- The support button opens a sidebar offering a collection of helpful information on various topics such as what is an envelope, when is it completed or the recipient's current signing method
- The recipient can also contact the sender, by email or phone (assuming that information was provided by the sender), if they need more information about the documents they are required to sign
- When an error occurs, users will be able to report the problem to the Support team, via email, by including helpful information such as the envelope ID or recipient ID
5. A clean and modern interface
A professional product needs a professional look and the Checkout's new clean and modern interface reflects that. We started with a clean slate, using existing User Experience heuristics (based on psychology and field research) that resulted in prototypes which we tested with users of various ages, jobs or technical experience.
We further iterated on these prototypes, incorporating feedback from customers along the way while aiming towards our goal of having a modern, professional and easy to use interface.
- The Checkout is available starting today, for all companies, creating new envelopes using the Default flow
- For the other flows/templates, we will be gradually releasing the Checkout in the following days
- May 10th
The new Checkout has been re-enabled for signing with Swedish BankID (getting this method in line with all the other ones)
Please sign in to leave a comment.